Friday, August 14, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

I have come to realize that Stash Dash is totally not happening. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but it's summertime and It's very difficult knitting in this heat. So, on to my next big thing.......

STITCH N PITCH

I will be returning to Citi Field this coming Sunday.  A baseball game cannot rightfully be enjoyed without some startitis action.  So, here is my plan. 

I am jumping on the Rose City Rollers bandwagon. I have already downloaded the pattern from Ravelry. It's a free pattern. Woot woot!  It's a rolled cuff sock that is worked from the cuff to the toe. A few rows in, and you start the heel flap.  Once the heel is done, it's smooth sailing to the toe, which will be Kitchener stitched closed.  Easy Peasy!!! 

So, what's the hard part???  Picking yarn.  I have come to the point where I have so much yarn, that I'm getting paralyzed picking a color.  Yikes!!! I have narrowed it down to 5 choices, and posted it on Instagram to get votes from lovely knitters. 


Here are the contenders. 
1 - Haute Knit Yarn - Simple Sock - Bright Summers Day - Superwash Merino/Nylon
2 - MadelineTosh - Tosh Sock - Holi Festival - Superwash Merino
3 - Dragonfly Fibers - Djinni - Ode to Sock Summit - Merino/Cashmere/Nylon
4 - Miss Babs - Tarte - B.F.F. (Babette) - Superwash Merino/Nylon/Tencel
5 - Peepaloofields - Superwash Sock - Cloudy Sunrise - Superwash Merino

I respect all of these dyers so much for their amazing work. The colors are exquisitely beautiful. 

I will know at 9 am who the instagrammers choice is.  

Now, off to find sock needles. 

Happy Knitting Everyone!

No comments: